Santa Maria delle Grazie • Церковь Санта-Мария делле Грацие • Santa Maria delle Grazie
attractions / architecture / building
attractions / religious, religious building of worship for / church, temple, house of prayer
Piazza Santa Maria delle Grazie, 2, 20123 Milano
language (of 2)
Санта-Мария делле Грацие - главная церковь доминиканского монастыря в западной части Милана. В трапезной этого храма находится одна из самых знаменитых фресок в мире — «Тайная вечеря» Леонардо да Винчи.
В 1463 г. граф Вимеркати подарил монахам-доминиканцам часть земли, на которой началось возведение церкви Санта-Мария делле Грацие.
Строилась с 1469 г. по законам поздней готики под руководством Гвинифорте Солари. В 1490 г. Лодовико Сфорца задумал разместить здесь усыпальницу герцогского дома Сфорца и поручил достройку церкви мастеру ренессансной выучки (считается, что им был Браманте). Именно поэтому церковь с одной стороны выглядит как готическая, а с другой - является образцом итальянского Ренессанса.
15 августа 1943 г. трапезную разбомбила англо-американская авиация, однако фреска Леонардо чудом не пострадала. В 1980 г. весь монастырский комплекс объявлен памятником Всемирного наследия — первым в Италии.
Понедельник 7:00-12:00, 15:00-19:00
Вторник 7:00-12:00, 15:00-19:00
Среда 7:00-12:00, 15:00-19:00
Четверг 7:00-12:00, 15:00-19:00
Пятница 7:00-12:00, 15:00-19:00
Суббота 7:00-12:00, 15:00-19:00
Воскресенье 7:30-12:30, 15:30-21:00
Santa Maria delle Grazie is a church and Dominican convent in Milan, northern Italy, included in the UNESCO World Heritage sites list. The church contains the mural of The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci, which is in the refectory of the convent.
The Duke of Milan Francesco I Sforza ordered the building of a Dominican convent and a church in the place where a small chapel dedicated to St. Mary of the Graces was.
The main architect was Guiniforte Solari, the convent was completed by 1469 while the church took more time. The new duke Ludovico Sforza decided to have the church as the Sforza family burial place and rebuild the cloister and the apse which were completed after 1490.
Ludovico’s wife Beatrice was buried in the church in 1497.
Results of the Allied raid in 1943.
The design of the apse of the church has been attributed to Donato Bramante; however, while it was built while he was in the service of the Duchy, there is scant documentary evidence linking him to this church. His name is inscribed in a piece of marble in the church vaults delivered in 1494. Some documents though mention the name Amadeo, likely Giovanni Antonio Amadeo. Similarities to his work at Santa Maria alla Fontana make this attribution more likely. However, there’s no real evidence of the fact, but that Bramante lived in Milan at the time, and He continued the gothic style from the first part, but mixed with Romanesque influence.
In 1543, the Holy Crown chapel on the right of the nave, received a painting by Titian, depicting the Christ receives the Crown of Thorns. Looted by French troops in 1797, it is now in the Louvre. This chapel is frescoed with Stories of the Passion by Gaudenzio Ferrari. In the small cloister adjacent to the tribune near the door that leads to the sacristy is a fresco by Bramantino. The church also contained frescoes depicting the Resurrection and Passion by Bernardo Zenale.
World War II
During World War II, on the night of 15 August 1943, bombs dropped by British and American planes hit the church and the convent. Much of the refectory was destroyed, but some walls survived, including the one that holds the The Last Supper, which had been sand-bagged in order to protect it. Some preservation works are done to maintain it for the future. Due to preservation, the main painting of The Last Supper has now been safe for many centuries.
- until the 20th century
- до 30 минут
- +39 (02X) 467-61-11
Suitable place for: couple, romantic, romantic trip; family with children over 10 years; one visit, a trip to one; tour in the city / promenade; may holidays
Suitable for hobbies:
travel / tourism; history; sightseeing; religion